Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Grand Teton & Wyoming!

Last week, from December 26th to December 31st, my family and I went to Alta, Wyoming/Driggs, Idaho (we stayed in a cabin on the state line). It was really fun since we were there with the Mckays and the King sisters (Auntie Martha's sisters) and their families. I hadn't seen the whole Mckay family in probably 5 years so it was really nice to spend time with them.

We stayed in a really beautiful cabin.
Peggy, Katie (Auntie Martha's sister) and I shared a room which was huge, but did not have very good insulation, so we were kind of cold. But Peggy and I had a HUGE king-sized bed which I can't complain about :).

The boys (Mason, Abe, Sam and Jake slept in the loft upstairs), and the parents got their own rooms. To claim the big beds (there were 2 large ones and 2 smaller ones), the guys competed to see who could climb on top of the beam first. Sam got up first, then Abe, then Mason. So Sam and Abe got the big beds, which bummed Mason out since he had to sleep diagonally with his feet hanging off the edge. 



Grand Teton
I never knew the history of the name "Grand Teton" till this trip! Auntie Martha told me that "Teton" actually means tit or teat in French, and it was named by a French explorer whohad been exploring for an extremely long time without seeing any women. That must have been one lonely explorer!

We skied, cross-country skied, watched movies, went swimming, went hot-tubing, worked on puzzles. It was a fantastic week. We skiied at the Grand Targhee Ski Resort. It was so beautiful.



Mason, Dad, Peggy and Me


The view from the ski mountain


Sam, Me, Abe and Mason having Lunch on Monday, Dec. 28th


Peggy & Me in front of the Grand Teton


The scenery while cross-country skiing!

We also celebrated mom's 51st Birthday! She decided to create her blog, 50 forward! on her birthday. Her and my dad's blog inspired me to write one as well. I hope it's ok with my mom and dad if I share their blog links with you!

 Dad and mom :)



Happy Birthday mom!

So, as you can probably tell, this was an amazing trip. Thank you so much family and the Mckay family for  making this trip such so wonderful :)!



1 comment: