Friday, January 22, 2010

Bacheeso's

Mom & I went to Bacheeso's right across from Fairyland, on Tuesday for lunch :). It's tagline is "Where the Mediterranean meets Oakland/Berkeley". It's really tasty, healthy, locally-grown food-- mostly delicious vegetable dishes, salads, but also some nice chicken dishes and curries. They have a different kind of special pizza every time and a nice soup. Such a nice buffet for $7.90+tax during the week (11am-4pm) & $8.90 on weekends!


Mom's favorite was the sweet potato puree with coconut and pecan shavings on top. It's light, creamy and smooth-- not too sweet. 

My first plate! (I had 2 1/2 plates and a bowl of soup!)
I tried their mint tea. It has a nice hint of sweetness. I liked the second cup better though because it had even sweetness to it so you could appreciate the minty-ness more. I had a cup of french onion soup, apple/lettuce/mango salad, tomato/greens salad, greek salad, okra masala-like dish, eggplant/tomato, stuffed yellow pepper, asparagus, vegetable moussaka, a little mashed potatoes, cauliflower in italian sauce, chicken pasala (?)--probably my favorite- chicken & penne pasta. I always eat so much, especially at buffets haha. Delicious meal thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment