Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dad & Daughter :)

On Saturday, dad asked me if I wanted to see Avatar IMAX 3D with him. We'd already seen it in 3D the week before, so initially I was hesitant about how much I wanted to sit again for another 2:30-3 hours. But I wanted to keep him company and it was an incredible film, so I said yes. I expected the huge round IMAX screen, but it was actually not that different than the 3D version. Maybe slightly more vivid, with louder surround sound, and the film is digital rather than analog or something. But after a while though, you get used to and numbed to the 3D-ness which is sad. The first time was definitely better since we didn't know what to expect, and the technology blew us out of the water. The second time, our expectations were higher. But it was still really fun, the movie was still great, and I got to spend time with dad. I'm so glad I went with with you dad. Thanks :)!

Then we ate at asqew for a late late lunch at 3 pm. It was really slow (you'd expect faster service when you order at a counter but oh well), but really yummy after we asked them to heat up the food again!

Like father, like daughter :)

We had fantastic kabobs. I've never been there before, but the food's delicious, even if the service could be a bit better/faster. I got a mango ahi tuna kabob and a seasonal vegetable kabob over a pear, walnut salad with asian vinaigrette. MMMM! Dad had a thai salmon kabob and some kind of sante fe chicken kabob over the same salad as me.

I'm really glad we did this outing since I got to spend time with my dad. We used to go on 1-on-1's a lot when I was younger, but somehow, over the last few years, we haven't had many. I'm very grateful for the trip to New York we took together a month ago during reading period, and today because we got to catch up. I hope you had fun too dad!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that you gave the restaurant feedback and got a free meal coupon as a result. I'm proud that you are speaking up and appreciate your keeping me company. I love our 1-on-1's =)

    ReplyDelete