Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chez Panisse!

Thursday night, mom, dad, Uncle Daniel and Auntie Maryann and I went to Chez Panisse for dinner! It was my first time there :). Initially, we thought we'd reserved a table in the restaurant, but it turns out we were in the upstairs cafe. I'm actually really glad we were in the cafe because the restaurant had a $75 fixed menu for the night which included porkloin (and I don't eat pork) so that would have been kind of a waste. Instead, we got to select our own entrees, it was cheaper, and try some of each since we all got different ones! Best of both worlds!

Dinner was delightful. I had eaten before coming because I got hungry :) and our reservation wasn't until 8, so I wasn't very hungry at dinner. I went mostly for the experience and seeing what Chez Panisse is like. I'm really glad I went! It's nice, but like most upscale fancy restaurants. It's nice that they cook with good, healthy, organic, local ingredients and produce though.

Dad, Auntie Maryann, Uncle Daniel and Mom

My yummy garden salad :)

Dad & Mom's seafood appetizer

Dad's roasted stuffed quail with spinach

Mom's Seabass

Our yummy blood orange sherbert with candied kumquat
 
Chocolate & Vanilla Ice cream with meringue

huckleberry & blueberry tart with ginger ice cream!
A delicious dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment