Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cafe Gratitude!

Today, mom took me to Cafe Gratitude for lunch! I'd never been there before, so she told me I had to try it out! Cafe Gratitude's message is "Cafe Gratitude is our expression of a world of plenty. Our food and people are a celebration of our aliveness. We select the finest organic ingredients to honor the earth and ourselves, as we are one and the same. We support local farmers, sustainable agriculture, and environmentally-friendly products. Our food is prepared with love. We invite you to step inside and enjoy being someone who chooses: loving your life, adoring yourself, accepting the world, being generous and grateful every day, and experiencing being provided for. Have fun and enjoy being nourished. Welcome to Cafe Gratitude! 'Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food'- Hippocrates".

Cafe Gratitude!

It's a cool place. Different than your normal restaurant. There's a bit of a hippy, laid-back, nice, calm atmosphere which I really like in the restaurant. Colorful photos on the walls. Mom says in the room connected to the one we were in, they have games on each table. Mom got me a t-shirt with "What are you grateful for?" on the front since that question really resonated with me. I'm definitely going to be wearing that shirt a lot because it just makes you think and appreciate everything even more, at least it does for me. I liked that they ask you the question of the day after you order, so you can contemplate it and/or discuss it. Today's was, "who do you love?"

The food was delicious! Mom and I shared three dishes: an appetizer, "I Am Insightful", and 2 main dishes, "I Am Elated" and "I Am Awakened".

"I Am Insightful" Spring Rolls

"I Am Insightful" spring rolls: avocado, seasonal fruit, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, sprouts & fresh herbs wrapped in blanched collard greens. Served w/ thai coconut-almond butter dipping sauce & coleslaw.

"I Am Elated" and "I Am Whole"

"I Am Elated"- Special Enchilada Del Dia: freshly made spinach  tortilla (no wheat!) w/ today's sprouted seed filling, topped with spicy salsa verde & cashew sour cream (asked for on the side). Served w/ Mexican spiced coleslaw & brown rice. Today's seed filling had red bell pepper, kale, etc I believe. so GOOD! My savory favorite dish of the meal.

"I Am Whole"- Macrobiotic bowl: shredded kale, sea vegetables, quinoa, house made kim chee & sprouts with garlic-tahini sauce & teriyaki almonds.


"I Am Awakened"

"I Am Awakening"- Key Lime Pie: Creamy avocado-lime custard topped with coconut meringue in a pecan-macadamia date crust. So delicious! Mom and I were each only going to have one bite. Guess how that turned out. I ended up eating more than half of it! Each mouthful was like heaven. It has the texture and creamy-ness of the avocado tapioca drink mom got at tapioca express in the past, but better! It had great mouthful. Each bite made you close your eyes and savor each texture. The spoon, slicing into the custard felt like it was slicing a cloud. Each piece was so light and silky. It's like frozen yogurt, it doesn't really feel bad for you! The crust had the crunch of nuts and was a great contrast to the smooth, creamy avocado-lime custard. mmm, so tasty! I definitely recommend these dishes!

Such a delightful meal! Thanks mom! I had so much fun, and it was so healthy and tasty :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, seeing the photos allowed me to relive that entire, amazing meal. I am bookmarking this page!

    ReplyDelete